Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Can I just take a moment...

to complain?

I'm sorry, I try to keep a positive tone to my posts, but, when looking back at these in years to come, I'm going to want to remember every detail, not just the good.

I've been extremely frustrated with my classes here the last few months.  Like REALLY frustrated.  I'm not saying that I blame my teachers, myself, or even the classes themselves.  I want to blame something, but really, 1) I can't and 2) It's not like it's going to help anything anyways.

I'm currently taking undergrad courses.  And don't get me wrong, I'm learning a lot.  And it's really interesting.  However, the testing is all memorization and NO application.  "Here, take this wonderful book, read it, but on the test I just want you to tell me the entire history of the author, the year it was written in, and the main topics that it contains (without, of course, developing any of those topics)."
What hurts my heart a little, is reading these books, which I love, finding SUPER interesting themes and topics, but knowing I can't do anything with it.  If it weren't for the fact the the teacher just puts random paragraphs on the test, and you have to identify which text it comes from, I probably wouldn't have to read the book at all!!  I just want, SO BADLY, to write a research paper, investigate SOMETHING, ANYTHING!! I feel like I'm mentally trapped. Every time I open a book my mind goes crazy with thoughts, questions, ideas... but to what end? I can't do anything with them!!

I will never again complain about having to write a research paper.  You can hold me to that. 

Alright.  I'm done.  Sorry for the rant.  But sometimes, it just feels good to get it out.  I'm going to try to keep a positive attitude, and take away as much as I can from these classes, and hopefully be able to apply it all down the road somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment