Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pre-Trip Set Backs

So, I haven't even left the country yet, and I'm already having a crisis.
Most people know my original plan was to take my puppy (Chandler, a yorkie) to Spain with me.  I have all of his paperwork and vet stuff taken care of, and I even got a place reserved for him on the plane so he can ride in the cabin.

HOWEVER, I've been doing some research, and I found out there's some disease in Spain that's just awful for dogs.  It's transmitted through sand fleas and mosquitoes, and there's no vaccine, treatment, or cure.  Now, I know there's only like a 5% chance Chandler will get it, and if I use the flea collars and the drop things it'll be even less of a chance, but even a .0001% chance is enough to worry me.

Besides, I'm thinking not taking him may just be easier on me.  I won't have to worry about boarding him if I want to travel... and finding a place to live that allows dogs has been a nightmare (even though I've found a few places, they're pretty far from campus and more expensive).

So needless to say, I'm probably not going to bring the little guy along.  It's sad... but, I think it'll be better for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment