Friday, October 5, 2012

UGH... Matriculación

So, this post is going to be used as a little bit of a rant... not long though, I promise.

The one thing I've experienced since being here that is frustrating beyond all belief is registration (matriculación)!!!

I have to write down all the courses I want to take while I'm here, and have my coordinator sign it.  Easy enough right? WRONG!!

FIRST: The website is completely confusing.  And even though I'm slowly figuring it out... I'm still having tons of problems with it.  It's not easy like at ISU where everything is just a click away, no, you have to search the department, then search the classes, and if you do it differently every time, you get different information... blah!

SECOND: My coordinator is not in Spain, for another month!! So, they tell me I need to meet with someone else who is supposed to be acting in her place.  Well, if only it were that simple.  I have sent this man numerous e-mails, and not received one response.  I have also tried going to his office various times, and he's never there!! I have a friend who is also exchange, so she has the same problem, except when she finally did meet up with him, all he told her was "I'm not your coordinator, you need to go to the office and ask who you're supposed to be meeting with." When she did, you'll never guess who they told her she needs to meet with: the same guy who just told her wasn't her coordinator!!

So, I had made my appointment to register, and I went there today, and although they put me in the classes (except they put me in one I don't want... which is a little my fault cuz I can't figure the stupid website out) they won't give me the paperwork I need to give to the international office to get my username/ login for the university!! They say I have to get this guy's signature and then come back for that (and then they'll fix my courses too).

Needless to say, I'm annoyed.  I'm going to try this guy's office one more time, and if it doesn't work, I'm going to try to relax this weekend before trying again on Monday.

Other than that though, everything is great!!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment