Thursday, October 25, 2012

Short random thought...

So, I just got home from teaching for 5 (FIVE!!) hours straight.  I haven't done that since PDS...
It was really fun though, a little exhausting, but still fun.

However, walking through the door to my apartment was AMAZING.  That's when I got to thinking, "I'm home!"  I can actually say that I am starting to think of this apartment as "home."  It's interesting, because I've been really missing home lately, and really just wanting to jump on the next plane to Chicago and go to the pumpkin patch, carve pumpkins, and do all the other fun fall festivities I've been seeing posted on facebook.  But, after a long, hard day coming back to my little closet sized room here in Salamanca Spain feels great!!

I've come up with a theory, and its just personal, but I think long, hard days are what start to make a house feel like a home.  I mean, of course there are the people, and you can't change that.  But I have a WONDERFUL roommate, and I still haven't really felt at "home."  It was right now, right when I sat in my bed and opened my computer after my crazy day that I felt so comfortable and happy in my "piso." There's something about walking into the comfort of my room, with my bed, blankets, books, food, ect. that really makes me so happy!!

Don't get me wrong, I miss my family, friends, and wonderful boyfriend and having them near does make a place (ie city, school, ect) feel like home.  But there's something about walking into a familiar, comfortable place that is your own at the end of a long day that makes it very endearing.

Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment