Friday, November 9, 2012

It's the simple things...

So, I've been feeling really homesick the last few weeks.  However, the last few days have been really great!! Today was exceptionally wonderful!!  I realized that even though I may not feel like I want to go run errands, that forcing myself to get out and around really helps me a lot!! So, today I've been super productive!! On top of that, I finally got paid!! I've been waiting for a little over a month, running really low on money.  So, when I realized I had money in my account, I had to go shopping!!  Except, what I bought wasn't clothes or jewelry or any of that.

When my parents were here, like a month and a half ago, they found a store that sold Cheerios.  I've walked past the store like 3 times, but never had money to go in and pay like 4 euro for a box of cereal, when I could get some other kind for one euro at the Carrefour.

So, what do you think I did as soon as I pulled out money?! That's right! I went and got Cheerios!!
SOOO HAPPY!!! Also, since it was my first time in this particular store, I decided to look around a little.  In order to understand my excitement, you may need to know a few things first.  1) I LOVE SPICY FOOD!!! I literally live on it! and 2) Since I've been here, I haven't been able to find anything really spicy!! I've searched everywhere.  I've tried food at restaurants, and I've looked EVERYWHERE at Carrefour (the grocery store close to my apt).  BUT today, at this new store, I found:
SOOO HAPPY!!
Also, along with my new food purchases, I decided to keep my productive/ taking advantage of my money streak going.  I went to a Bazar type store close to where I live to buy just a few Christmas decorations!!

It's not much, but it makes me happy.
ONE LAST THING that has been able to help me out of my rut of homesickness... a WONDERFUL friend (who also happens to be my best friend EVER!!) sent me this:
It's a card!! =)  Literally made me SOO HAPPY!
Either way, this post isn't anything earth-shattering or informational, but, just something to show that the little things really can make the difference.  I feel like I'm really settling into my life here, and like I'm finally back in the Spain that I've missed for more than 3 years.
Oh! AND I got my resident card today!! I'm officially a temporary Spanish resident!! yay! I'd post a pic of that, but it has some personal information on it, and you can imagine that an online blog isn't the place to be sharing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment