Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Finally here!!

Well... It's been a long day to say the least... It all started yesterday at 1:00pm Chicago time, and here I am, the next day at 11:16am Chicago time (6:16pm Spain time).

The STREEECCCHHH limo picked us up at 1:00.  I was SO excited, but at the same time really sad... It was the last time I will ever be in my house.  =(  So, ya, bittersweet doesn't quite describe what I was feeling at that time.

When we finally got to the airport, we were able to find out gate and such with minimal problems.  ((GOOD NEWS!! My suitcases were both under 50lbs!!)) The plane ride was LOOOONNNGGG and HOT!! So, I didn't get much sleeping done, no matter how hard I tried and how much I wanted to.

Arriving in Madrid and getting to our hotel all went smoothly.  We had a taxi service pick us up (so we didn't have to deal with lugging around my luggage... haha).  We got to out hotel at around 9:15am and they told us our room wouldn't be ready until 2:00!! Of course, we're exhausted at this point, but we trudge back onto the streets of Madrid (leaving our bags in the care of the hotel) and find a store to get me a Spanish cell phone.  My mom even got one!! haha  The rest of the afternoon we adventured around the city, trying different tapas and walking in and out of different shops.

When we finally get into our hotel room, we all fall asleep for an hour.  BUT since we don't want to be messed up with time, we decide to go out for yet another walk.  Of course we're too tired to really do anything like go to the museums or anything, but at least we're moving.

However, traveling with my parents has a few drawbacks... they already wanted to come back to the hotel and sleep!! haha I don't blame them, but, I'm still trying to stay awake for a few more hours so I can actually sleep through the entire night and be ready for a big day tomorrow!!

For now... I'm going to go read and relax.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment