Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Last Tuesday in the USA until next July!! Whoa...

So... here I am, less than a week away from leaving my happy little home in the cozy suburbs of Chicago.  I'm getting REALLY nervous but excited at the same time.  (I still think the hardest thing is going to be leaving my puppy...)

Either way, I'm packing... trying to make everything fit into the allotted weight limit/ bag size nonsense that the airlines are enforcing these days.  Did you know you're only allowed 1 (ONE!) checked bag at no cost and it can only weight 50 lbs?!?! Well, I didn't.

Thankfully my mom will be able to check one of my bags for me... whew.

All that got me thinking though... How can people move across the world for an entire year, on just one (one!) suitcase?!?! I know there are tons of people that do it! And honestly, I'm impressed/ jealous! I have literally pulled everything out of my suitcases at LEAST 4 times, laid it all out, and just sat there, staring at it... trying to figure out what I'll be able to live without.  Although I have cut it back a lot, I'm still going to need 2 suitcases.  I am hoping to have at least 10 lbs of empty room in one of them though, that I can fill with goodies to bring back to my family and friends... so far so good!

Where I'm going to put those suitcases in my little room in Spain is a whole different question that I'm just gonna worry about it when I get there.... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment