Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hop on! Hop off!

Have you ever done these things? It's the hop-on-hop-off big red double decker bus things that go around cities.  My parents and I did it when we were in London a few years back, so when the lady at our hotel told us about the one here in Madrid we definitely had to do it!! It really is the BEST way to see a city.  This is how we chose to get around the city for the last two days.  Not only were we able to see everything, but they also had great guided commentary so that you learned something about whatever you were seeing!! It was really nice!

Now, we've had a VERY busy few days, so this may be a long post, and I may leave out a few things, but I'm going to try to include as much as possible.


Driving around one the bus was A LOT of fun.  We even just rode it around the loop a couple times just to hear the information and see the sights.  Today I even got to sit in the front of the top deck of the bus!! It was really exciting! But also kinda scary cuz some of these people drive REALLY crazy, and I'm already a horrible wreck as a passenger.  haha Oh, and there was a restaurant called "Nebraska."  I don't know why anyone would call a restaurant Nebraska... I seriously doubt they've ever really been there...











The first day we did the bus thing we decided to go see the Museo del Prado.  If you know anything about art, you know this is the place to be.  It was absolutely breathtaking.  I was so excited to get to see some of the paintings I have spent the last 8 years of my life learning about in person!! It was AWESOME!! I recommend it to ANYONE that has studied anything about Spanish art/culture.  I don't think my parents enjoyed it as much as me... but at least they put up with it cuz they love me! =)



 I'm not sure if they would have let me take pictures inside the museum (I seriously doubt they would...) but I didn't even ask... BUT I did take a wonderful picture of the outside of the museum... so here it is!!

Today's big adventure was the Palacio Real.  It was AMAZING.  So ornate!! Again, they wouldn't let us take pictures inside, so this is about the best I can do!!










WHEW... That was a lot!! We did plenty of other things in between of course, but for the major events of the trip so far, I think that about sums it up!! 
Tomorrow... we go to Salamanca, and I get to move into my apartment!! Can't wait!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment